Sri Lankan Drum & Dance Lesson
This is an interactive traditional drum and dance lesson, that will guide you into a better understanding of the cultural wisdom of the local Sri Lankan people. Sri Lankan culture is rich with vivid colors, multicultural celebrations and artistic imagination. We consider travel as a way of seeking the unknown, encountering yourself and creating authentic connections with locals. The cultural seeker experience is an enriching encounter with everyday local life as well as ancient customs that have withstood the test of time.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Traditional Drum, Music Instrument, Dance Equipment
- Bottled water - Coconut Water
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
Spend time with a practicing dance teacher and learn traditional drumming and dance techniques. Sri Lanka counts three main traditions of dance: the Kandyan dances of the hill country, known as uda rata natum; the low country dances of the Southern plains, known as pahatha rata natum; and the tradition of the Rathnapura province of Sabaragamuwa natum. Each tradition presents multiple sub-styles to express various mythological narratives. During this interactive workshop you will be introduced to a set of beginner steps and movements. You will equally learn three different drum rhythmes and will witness a professional dance demonstration. This traditional Sri Lankan drum and dance lesson activity is great for anyone looking to learn about Sri Lankan culture through an educational experience. It is equally suitable for families and small groups.
Departure Point :Panadura Bus Stop, Panadura, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a mild physical dance activity that involves carrying or holding a sizable drum. Average physical condition is recommended to enjoy this activity.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.