Stories of Basel's Old Town
Take a walking tour of Basel: expert and flexible guides take pleasure in presenting you with facts and anecdotes – both serious and light-hearted – about the past and the present. Discover Basel's old town, which features picturesque corners, prominent historic landmarks and also contemporary attractions such as modern buildings designed by well-known architects. Get to know Basel in more depth and marvel at various witnesses to the city's past. Take part in a fascinating two-hour journey through history and really get a feel for the city at the bend in the Rhine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Commentary in English and German
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Go on a journey back through all the epochs. There can be few other cityscapes where buildings dating back as far as the fifteenth century engage so harmoniously and vibrantly with the contemporary creations of internationally distinguished architects. On our tour, you will be told all about Basel and the background to its development while passing historic buildings such as the city hall, the Basel cathedral and the Barfüsserkirche. Also a lot about the city's present situation will be explained. Besides from being taken to some picturesque corners of the Old Town, you'll be shown places that closely reflect Basel's present-day Zeitgeist, such as the Museum der Kulturen and the Tinguely fountains.
Departure Point :Carnival Fountain, Klostergasse 7, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Spalenberg, Basel, Switzerland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Depending on the composition of the group, tour commentaries may be given bilingual from Sunday to Friday.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation it is recommended to bring along and wear a protective mask during this guided tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.