Taos Artisan Walking Tour + Chocolate
Immerse into Taos’ eclectic artistic community! Starting on Kit Carson Road, weave in and out of winding alleyways exploring the historical context while pausing to mix with the local art scene. Taos has been on the map as an art colony since the late 1800s and it has a reputation for its eclectic talented creative populace. Come to this high desert mountain town to not only experience the ethereal light and vivid landscape, but to also encounter this dynamic community and their remarkable art to life. Enjoy a mix of old and new while exploring downtown’s rich art history. Discover the vibrant center of this uniquely quirky and highly talented community.
We conclude this tour with a Chocolate Elixir at Chokola to weave in the art of chocolate making by owners Deb and Javier who are passionate about every step in the process of their decadent sipping chocolate, truffles, mousses and tarts! A perfect way to celebrate the finale of your immersion to Taos Artisans!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hot or Cold Sipping Chocolate Elixir
- Experience Guide
- Entry/Admission - The Couse-Sharp Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Blumenschein Home & Museum
What's excluded :
- Gratuity for Guide
- Sunscreen & Hat for Sun Protection
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Heritage Inspirations, 317 Kit Carson Rd El Monte Sagrado, Taos, NM 87571-6405
Journey with your guide throughout the historic area of Taos and the Taos Plaza.
Stop At: The Couse-Sharp Historic Site, 146 Kit Carson Rd, Taos, NM 87571-5950
Learn about the founding fathers of the Taos Artist Society
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Blumenschein Home & Museum, 222 Ledoux St, Taos, NM 87571-5944
Meet artisan Rich Nichlos in Ernest Blumensceins Art Studio
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Taos Plaza, Immediately West of the Intersection of Us 64 and Nm 68, Taos, NM 87571-6071
Discover the WPA commissioned frescoes painted by Taos Artist Society Members
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Tres Estrellas Design, 208 Ranchitos Rd Unit A, Taos, NM 87571-6894
Meet owners Chris and Carla at Tres Estrellas Gallery for an in depth experience to learn about native textiles of the northern New Mexico and Mexican. Dive deep into this rich history of our Rio Grande Blankets and the churro sheep introduced to provide some of the finest weaving materials. Enjoy a weaving demo by Carla who is passionate about sharing her handwoven shawls and blankets that use hand-died yarns inspired by our native textiles of Taos Region.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide in the lobby at El Monte Sagrado Resort & Spa.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress in comfortable walking shoes.
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.