The Essence of Mongolia 3 Days
An activity-packed journey into Central Mongolia, an area of diverse landscapes and the nomadic heartland of the country. Visit the authentic Gurvanbulag soum and stay with the nomads and see the Khogno Khaan Mountain, the dunes at Elsen Tasarkhai before venturing to the Hustai National park for the wild takhi horses and a plethora of wildlife. This condensed trip is a great introduction to the rich diversity of Mongolia’s culture and landscapes, with authentic homestays in guest gers next to local nomadic families. Spend time with your hosts and also use these fabulous wilderness locations as a base to explore the surrounding area on foot, by horse, and by vehicle. You will experience a range of cultural traditions – music, cookery, ankle-bone games, archery, felt-making, ger building may all feature at some stage along your way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Helmet and shin protectors will be provided for horse riding activity.
- Entry/Admission - Gandantegchenling Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Elsen Tasarkhai
- Entry/Admission - Hustai National Park
What's excluded :
Day 1: GANDAN MONASTERY - GURVANBULAG - GER STAY
Stop At: Gurvanbulag, Mongolia
You will be picked up from your hotel and drive to Gandan Monastery - enter the temples, including that of the Migjid Janraisig with its huge golden Buddha statue. In the oldest temple complex listen to the chanting ceremonies which happen mid-morning. Afterward, board the vehicle again and head west to the northern part of the Gobi. Then it's onto Gurvanbulag, where you will be staying at a guest ger alongside a nomadic family. Enter the ger and experience the hospitality and traditional nomadic way of life - you can help make and drink milk tea, plus try homemade produce such as yogurt and dried curds. In the afternoon you will have a chance to do some horse riding in the surrounding hills, and visit the sand dunes nearby. In the evening, enjoy home-cooked dinner.
Duration: 15 hours
Stop At: Gandantegchenling Monastery, 1,5 KM North West of the Central Square, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
Before traveling to Gurvanbulag - you will be visiting Gandantegchileng Monastery, which was established and founded in the 19th century and the biggest running monasteries in Ulaanbaatar. You will have a guided tour through the temples for about an hour and back to the vehicle to continue the journey.
Duration: 1 hour
• Lunch: We will be having lunches at a local eatery on our way to Gurvanbulag, Bulgan.
• Dinner: It is your first night with the nomads and will have a traditional home-cooked meal.
Accommodation included: You will be staying in a guest ger next to the nomads.
Day 2: Erdenekhamba Temple - Elsentasarkhai dunes - Camel riding
Stop At: Elsen Tasarkhai, Mongolia
Today you head to the nature reserve of Khogno Khaan, where you can explore the lower temple complex of Uvguun Khiid, see the reconstructed temples, prayer-wheel and look around the ruins. Then we recommend taking the 45-minute hike up to the old ruined temple complex in the hills - the scenery is fantastic, and depending on the time of year, wildflowers may be in abundance. Head back down to the valley floor, and onto the sand dunes at Elsen Tasarkhai, a 30-minute drive away. Tonight you will stay alongside a family of camel herders - settle into your gers and head off on a Bactrian ride across the dunes for an hour, then enjoy a home-cooked dinner.
Duration: 16 hours
• Breakfast: A traditional Mongolian breakfast.
• Lunch: We will have a home-cooked lunch with the nomads that we will be staying tonight.
• Dinner: Traditional steamed dumplings or other Mongolian dishes.
Accommodation included: You will be staying in a guest ger next to the nomads
Day 3: KHUSTAI NATIONAL PARK - ULAANBAATAR
Stop At: Hustai National Park, Ulaanbaatar 13 Mongolia
Today, we will travel back to the east to visit the Khustai National Park before going back to the city. As we arrive at the camp have lunch, then drive into the park to spot the famous Prezawalski horse "Takhi". Then return to Ulaanbaatar, where you will be dropped at a location of your choice.
Duration: 3 hours
• Breakfast: Have a traditional breakfast with the nomads.
• Lunch: We will be having a lunch at the Khustai National Park.
Accommodation included: Accommodation is not included on this day. You will be dropped off at the prearranged location.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you from a prearranged location in Ulaanbaatar.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.