The landscaper Burle Marx and its site - cultural heritage
Burle Marx, the multiple artist, was a collector of plants and objects of art and design, among which Brazilian folk art stands out, displayed on the site where one can visit the seventeenth-century church restored by him. The visit to the Burle Marx Site is a highly inspiring and rare opportunity to raise awareness of the importance of nature preservation as we observe one of the most important collections of tropical plants in the world. After the visit to the site, we will continue to Pedra de Guaratiba and its lush beaches. In an attempt to dominate Rio de Janeiro in the XVI century, the French chose this place to setlle down and follow by land towards the shores of Guanabara Bay. Pedra de Guaratiba keeps many stories to tell its visitors. Following the beaches of Grumari, Prainha, Macumba, Recreio, Barra da Tijuca, São Conrado, Leblon and Ipanema.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Sitio Roberto Burle Marx
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sitio Roberto Burle Marx, Estrada De Guaratiba 2019 Barra De Guaratiba, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 23020-240 Brazil
• Observe a true genetic bank of important species from the Atlantic Forest, Cerrado, and Amazon biomes, among other tropical regions.
• See how Burle Marx discovered the potential of tropical flora in the application of modern landscaping, breaking with traditional European styles.
• Visit Barra de Guaratiba and its lush beaches.
• Know the potential of an artist who projects the gardens of UNESCO headquarters, Parque do Flamengo in Rio de Janeiro and Copacabana boardwalk.
• Visit the collection of plants and objects of art and design and visit the seventeenth-century church restored by him.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Barra da Tijuca, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Visit "Barra da Tijuca" and "Barra de Guaratiba" two neighborhoods or Rio and its lush beaches
Departure Point :Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Note: Upon request, by a message, we can pick you up and drop you off at your lodging location, including port Cruise, within a 15 km radius of the Meeting Point: Hotel Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702, CEP 22021 001, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro.The local supplier will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by Phone or email.Ports
- Rio de Janeiro Port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We follow the rules of the Health Ministry and the Wolrd Health Organization.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.