The Magnificent Medici and the Potential of Art Walking Tour - Small Group
Enjoy a pleasant walking tour through the heart of Florence to discover the most significant sights of the city in the footsteps of the Medici dynasty, synonymous as an unparalleled patron of the arts during the Italian Renaissance.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed local guide
- Gelato (Italian ice cream)
- Earphones for groups of more than 8 people
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
The Medici family changed the very sense of art, they have been defined also as the makers of modern Art. Five hundred years ago they started to commission great artists such as Botticelli, Brunelleschi and Michelangelo himself leaving an incredible artistic heritage to the entire world.
Let's go to find how all this has had been possible..join this walking tour in Florence
Led by your experienced, professional guide you will stroll in the historic center of Florence reaching the family's main palaces and churches. Starting from Palazzo Medici Riccardi the family first residence then you will reach San Lorenzo district with its Basilica planned by Filippo Brunelleschi. After walking briefly through the heart of the city you will see from the outside the Cathedral with the adjacent bell tower and the Baptistery with its marvelous “Gate of Paradise”. Your tour continues on the Piazza della Signoria dominated by the stunning Palazzo Vecchio where starts the Vasarian Corridor, the enclosed passageway that leads to Palazzo Pitti. Following it from the outside and walking on Ponte Vecchio, the world’s most renowned bridge, you will reach Palazzo Pitti the family last residence, where the tour ends.
To fully enjoy the authentic flavor of the city, during the tour you will taste a delicious Gelato (Italian ice cream) in one of the most famous gelateria of Florence.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Riccardi Medici Palace, Via Camillo Cavour, 3, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Pitti Palace, Piazza de' Pitti, 1, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.