The Official Colosseum Dungeons & Palatine Hill Tour
With your expert English speaking guide, you will be taken on a passage through time, realising the amazing historical events that occurred in this great monument. On the tour, you will skip the crowd and long ticket lines to head deep inside the walls of the Colosseum discovering its unimaginable history and events that took place, many, many, years ago. Join us on the Official Colosseum Dungeons Tour and let our guide lead you down into the depths of the Colosseum and visit the darkness of the dungeons where gladiators and animals were held before the battles.
You will then move on to the Palatine Hill, home to the most affluent of ancient Romans, hosting the best view over the centre of the city (a perfect place for pictures). Afterwards, you will be moving down the hill to explore the famous Roman Forum.
Join us on this exclusive tour and travel in time to see the epic wonders of Ancient Rome's glory.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Roman Forum and Palatine Hill tour
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum Tours | Explore Italy Tours, Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
The Official Colosseum Underground tour permits you to enter through an exclusive side door entrance. This tour has limited availability, and the starting time can vary. You will start the tour at our office only steps from the Colosseum. Here, before the tour you will see excellent views of the Colosseum and surrounding areas and can take great panoramic photographs before the tour.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there is a regularly long ticket line. By joining this Official Colosseum dungeons tour, you will be provided with 'skip the line' entrance tickets.
As soon as you enter, you will understand the importance and significance of this ancient historic monument. The tour also gives you access to the Colosseum arena with a beautiful view over-looking the dungeons and then down in to the dungeons area under the Colosseum. Your expert guide will take you on the ground floor and second level and help you to understand the events and stories of the past here at the Colosseum including Gladiator battles and other historic events and stories that may well be shocking to you. With these detailed facts provided by your guide, you will leave the Colosseum excited to tell your friends of the interesting stories and secrets that you had learned. Our guide will also let you know the places within the Colosseum for you to take the best photos.
Learn about the types of games and crazy battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. You will learn where the emperor used to sit, high above the battle ground, ready to decide the destiny of another gladiator as he stood before a cheering Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best spots to take the perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the entirety of this incredible monument!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Roman Forum & Palatine Hill part of the tour will also last approximately 90 minutes and have various meeting times throughout the day.
These tours are separated by a break to allow time for pictures or to spend more time in the monument or attraction
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Palatine Hill, 00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All clients will be asked to show a photo ID, you must bring a photo ID to be allowed into the Colosseum.
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is comfortable clothing
- The tour will consist of 2 separate parts, 1 hour in the Colosseum & 1.5 hour in the Roman Forum and Palatine hill area.
- The Colosseum portion of the tour will last approximately 1 hour.
- The Roman Forum & Palatine Hill part of the tour will also last approximately 1 hour and have various meeting times throughout the day.
- These tours are separated by a break to allow time for pictures or to spend more time in the monument or attraction
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please let us know if possible your Hotel name in Rome.
- Please provide an active phone number during the booking process in order to be contacted about last minute changing.
- Most travelers can participate
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.