Thursdays - Vino Venture: Explore With A Local - Troodos Mountains thru Wine!
Immerse yourself in the food, wine, and nature of Cyprus on this small goup tour with a dedicated guide. With all transportation provided, you'll taste many wines during the four tastings and enjoy the scenery while driving through the Troodos mountain villages. Pause midday for a traditional meze lunch, over which you'll chat about Cypriot history, culture, and food.
• Personalized experience with this small group excursion
• Wine tastings at four different wineries
• Traditional meze lunch
• All transportation included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Unlike other tours... EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED - NO HIDDEN COSTS
- Lunch & Drinks
- 4 Wine Tastings (25+ wines)
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All tasting and entrance fees
- Local bilingual guide - fully trained in the food & wine of Cyprus
- Support a small business along with the local culture
- A great day out! Check out our Cyprus Taste Tours reviews to find out why you should book this tour!
- Entry/Admission - Tsiakkas Winery
- Entry/Admission - Ayia Mavri Winery
- Entry/Admission - Zambartas Winery
- Entry/Admission - Oenou Yi - Ktima Vassiliades Winery / Οίνου Γη-Κτήμα Βασιλειάδη
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cyprus Taste Tours - Nicosia, Ledras, Nicosia, Cyprus
Hello from Cyprus Taste Tours! We're a friendly team of local guides all with Cypriot heritage. A group of true foodies, our activities focus on discovering Cyprus through food & wine...
You’ll be driven around the Troodos mountain villages to visit 4 carefully selected wineries. Each boutique winery you'll visit is family-owned and you'll have the chance to meet the individuals behind the wine-making and have all your questions answered on this brilliant small group excursion. You'll tour the premises of at least two of the wineries to learn about the process and history of wine. Through each tasting session you'll discover the indigenous grape varieties of the island and experience a selection of whites, rosés, reds and the celebrated sweet wine Commandaria. Read below for more details of each fantastic stop!
Pass By: Nicosia, Nicosia, Nicosia District
We'll pick you up from a Nicosia location of your choice (within the Republic of Cyprus). Our team guarantees you a fantastic day out - we'll make the most of your time with us and take you on a bespoke journey through Cyprus villages. Established in 2011 - we're confident we know all the best spots and we never stop exploring! We're all fully trained in the traditional foods and wine of the island and you'll be sure to receive a professional, 5 star experience. When booking with Cyprus Taste Tours - you'll be supporting a small local business and helping to keep the culture & traditions of the island alive!
Pass By: Troodos Mountains, Troodos Cyprus
We'll tour the Troodos mountain countryside to visit 4 different wineries and the traditional village of Omodos. On this scenic mountain tour you'll enjoy the rural villages and meet real locals - plus the opportunity to buy wine at fantastic prices! The 4 wineries are listed below but may differ depending on the season.
Stop At: Tsiakkas Winery, E806, Pelendri 4878 Cyprus
Choose from age-old indigenous varieties, such as Vamvakada or try their take on French varieties such as Chardonnay. It is also a unique opportunity to sample a barrel aged zivania (local firewater) and their critically acclaimed Commandaria. Aside from the fantastic variety, the winery is situated in a beautifully restored village house with breath-taking views of the mountain range & vineyards.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ayia Mavri Winery, Kilani Village, Koilani Cyprus
Here is a wine collection put together with the pride, dedication and skill of this local tight-knit family. Mr. Giannis personally presents the winery to his guests with plenty of anecdotes about the development of his cellar and all the tales related to each label. Alongside the extensive range of wines on offer are its award-winning series of Muscat wines that wow the judges at ceremonies every year.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zambartas Winery, 39, Grigores Afxentiou Street, Agios Amvrosios 4710 Cyprus
A medium sized boutique winery producing a fantastic selection of wines from Cypriot grapes. Marcos & Marleen run this lovely facility and you can immediately see their passion for wine-making as soon as you step into their beautiful winery. Enjoy fantastic views while sipping wine on the veranda – the rosé is a must-try!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Omodos, Omodos, Limassol
We'll visit the traditional village of Omodos to explore and enjoy a full meze lunch with wine (all included in your Cyprus Taste Tours ticket!) This was the first village of Cyprus given funding as part of the agrotourism project to promote remote areas of the island. The funds were used to restore old buildings and encourage coffee shops, tavernas and accommodation, open museums and increase activities of traditional crafts and arts in the area. It is home to the famous monastery Timios Stavros and it’s said that St. Helen visited the site while in Cyprus and left a part of the “blood-stained” holy rope which the Romans used to bound Jesus Christ to the cross.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oenou Yi - Ktima Vassiliades Winery / Οίνου Γη-Κτήμα Βασιλειάδη, Demetri Liperti St, Omodos 4760, Cyprus
We'll visit the tasting room located in the beautiful village of Omodos to taste their great wines and stroll through the picturesque village.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Timios Stavros Monastery, Димократиас 2, Omodos 4760 Cyprus
Explore the monastery grounds and visit a historical church.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Struggle Museum in Omodos, Democratias 24760, Omodos 4760 Cyprus
You'll have the chance to wonder the museums and learn about the history of Cyprus.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cyprus, Cyprus
We'll be exploring the rural areas of Cyprus through the fantastic boutique wineries!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer door-to-door transport from almost any Nicosia location (within the Republic of Cyprus) including hotels, airbnbs, private accommodation, landmarks etc. We can also offer pick-up or drop-off at Larnaca airport if this makes your participation more convenient. In the unlikely case that we cannot fulfil pick-up - a full refund will be processed.This tour runs on specific dates - if the available dates aren't suitable and you would like to take part in a food / wine experience on another day then please check Cyprus Taste Tours for our other options as we have activities running on every day of the week.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We make sure our vehicles are cleaned and disinfected after every tour. Your safety is our priority and we assure you that we take precautionary measures seriously. We look forward to hosting you safely!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.