Tivoli and Hadrian's Villa Full day from Rome
We picup you at your hotel in morning .
This charming day trip will take you to Tivoli where you will explore two unique places: Villa Adriana and Villa d'Este.
Our guide will take you through these wonders discovering the fascinating past of the Villa of Emperor Hadrian and the Renaissance and majestic Villa d'Este with its enchanting gardens full of a magnificent system of fountains. Both destinations deserve full marks as UNESCO world heritage sites.
This tour is the perfect excursion out of the liveliness of the city and the best way to see two of the most beautiful places to visit in Rome.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- DRIVER GUIDE
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Villa d'Este
- Entry/Admission - Parco Villa Gregoriana
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Villa d'Este, Piazza Trento 5, 00019, Tivoli Italy
Villa d'Este is one of the symbols of the Italian Renaissance and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Situated in Tivoli, near Rome, the villa is a gem of architectural and landscape splendor. The extraordinary complex is famous all over the world for its splendid fountains characterized by wonderful and suggestive water displays and for being the most beautiful example of the Italian Renaissance garden in Europe.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Parco Villa Gregoriana, Largo Sant'Angelo, 00019, Tivoli Italy
The park, located at the feet of the city's ancient acropolis was commissioned by Pope Gregory XVI in 1835 to rebuild the bed of the Aniene River, which had been damaged by the flood of 1826. Since ancient times, the river formed a wide curve around the acropolis, after which it fell from a limestone's spur into the plain below. The river formed originally four falls, now reduced to two. The site had a strategical importance since it commanded the transumanza path from Abruzzo along the path which later become the Via Valeria. The Romans had already built here hydraulic manufacts, 12 of which are known by findings today.
It had fallen into ruins by the end of the 20th century, but was reopened to the public in 2005 thanks to a major landscape recovery project orchestrated by the FAI, the Italian National Trust.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Villa Adriana, Villa Adriana, Tivoli, Province of Rome, Lazio
Hadrian's Villa (Villa Adriana) in Tivoli bears witness to the grandeur of the Roman Empire. It is one of the best kept and most visited archaeological sites in Italy. This is why it has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1999.
The villa was built by Roman Emperor Hadrian at the foot of the Tiburtine Hills between 118 and 138 AD. The vast residential complex extended over an area of about 120 hectares
(about 300 acres) and looked very much like an ancient Roman city. The site included buildings, baths, temples, barracks, theatres, gardens, fountains and nymphaeums. The villa itself was designed on two levels: the upper floor, quiet and welcoming, was reserved for the emperor's official use, while the lower floor was noisy and bustled with the work of slaves.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
VERY IMPORTANT NAME OF HOTELAirports
- Fiumicino Airport, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 54, Fiumicino Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.