Tour To Petra From Amman Full-Day
Located 140 miles (225 kilometers) from Amman, Petra once dominated the trade routes of ancient Arabia. Pass by Little Petra the Nabatean’s carvan stop before heading to the main city. Your visit to this hauntingly beautiful place begins with a walk through the Siq, a narrow path that was once the main entrance to the city. An impressively long, deep and narrow gorge of stunning natural beauty, the Siq is hemmed in by cliffs soaring up to 263 feet (80 meters) , and measures three-quarters of a mile (1.2 kilometers).
per adult from
7 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking driver
- Pickup and drop-off from Amman hotels or the Amman Airport
- Vehicle that's Wi-Fi equipped and stocked with bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- Local Guide at Site
- Food and drinks
- Entry Fees to Site
- Entry/Admission - Petra
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Petra - Wadi Musa 77110 Jordan
Experience Petra day tour from Amman. Your tour driver will pick you up from your hotel in Amman. Then drive 3 hours towards the Red Rose City of Petra, the biggest attraction of Jordan. At the visitor center you driver will guide you to the ticket counter or to a local guide that you can hire for your tour.
Petra was first established around the 6th century B.C. by the Nabataean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in the area and laid the foundations of a commercial empire that extended into Syria. Upon arrival you will begin the trip on horseback to the canyon, the so called Siq, and then by foot to the most beautiful monument: the Treasury. Among other monuments you will see are the Street of Facades, the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh’s Castle. Petra was also chosen to be one of the New 7 Wonders of the world.
After the visit is finished, we will drive you back another 3 hours to your hotel in Amman after enjoying a day trip to Petra from Amman, Jordan.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- There will not be enough time to climb up the monastery
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.