tours Maras Moray and salt mining
During the tour we will observe the Cordillera of Vilcanota and its impressive snowy peaks, which extends through the departments of Cusco and Puno. We will visit the following places: Town of Maras where the houses still preserve their colonial styles, The Archaeological Complex of Moray conformed by several circular platforms and finally the Salineras where at present even the members of the community produce the salt.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- professional Guide
- Pick up from hotel
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket to Moray s/. 70
- Entrance ticket to the Salt Pond of Maras s/.10
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
We will start the tour at 08:150 am picking you up from the hotel by bus and taking our way to the Urubamba Valley, during the journey we’ll observe the magnificent Nevado de Chicón.
Our first point of visit will be the picturesque town of Maras, where the houses still have colonial style and we’ll visit the beautiful church. Then we will go to the Archaeological Complex of Moray, which has a system of terraces or circular agricultural terraces, which served as an agricultural laboratory of the Incas, to experience its crops. Finally we will visit the salt ponds 'natural salt pits', are platforms formed by hundreds of white wells that from a distance looks like snow. In colonial times it became the first salt producing center of the southern highlands. They were used for thousands of years and even long before the Inca Empire.
We will be back in the city of Cusco approximately at 2:30 p.m.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we were the last point in the hotel of the clients
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.