Trogir Old City Walking Tour
Trogir boasts one of Croatia’s best-preserved Old Towns, making an in-depth walking tour a must. This 2-hour tour covers the highlights of the walled, UNESCO-listed quarter, whose street plan originates from Hellenistic times. Admire the Romanesque and Renaissance architecture, and visit landmarks like Trogir Cathedral, St. Nicholas’ Monastery, and Kamerlengo Fortress as your guide tells Trogir’s history. This small-group tour has a maximum of 12 participants, with admission fees at own expense.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed local guide
- 2-hour walking tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees (approx. 80kn)
- Meet your guide at 10am near Trogir’s North Town Gate, and set off into the UNESCO-listed Old Town.
Hear about Trogir’s history from your guide, and visit the Town Museum to chart its story up to the 20th century. Then, after this introduction, stroll to Cipiko Palace, a graceful 15th-century mansion on the Town Square that belonged to the Cipiko family, one of the region’s wealthiest medieval families.
Cross the square to the cathedral, also known as the Cathedral of St. Lawrence. Admire its stunning Romanesque door, carved by 13th-century sculptor, Radovan, and head inside (own expense) to admire its many treasures.
View other landmarks including the Loggia, Clock Tower, and Rector's Palace, and then continue toward the waterfront, admiring 11th-century St. Barbara’s Church and St. Dominic’s Convent, and visiting the Benedictine Monastery of St. Nicholas (own expense), home to a Greek stone relief from 300 BC.
Explore the battlements of the Venetian-built Kamerlengo Fortress (own expense) and pause at Marmont’s Gloriette, a Napoleonic-era monument, as you wander to nearby St. Mark’s Tower, an extension of the castle and great viewpoint over the mainland.
After two hours, your tour finishes in Trogir’s Old Town when your guide departs.
Departure Point :Central Trogir
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Central Trogir
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart and casual
- Places of worship and select museums adhere to a dress code. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 full price adult bookings to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.