Turtle Walk from Santa Maria
A beautiful eco tour to see the Caretta Caretta Loggerhead turtles in their natural environment as they lay their eggs on the protected beaches.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Transfer NOT INCLUDED from Murdeira Village
- Cape Verde is the third biggest nesting point for the Caretta Caretta, loggerhead turtles. This night tour will take you to one of the protected nesting beaches of Sal island where you can experience the emotion of seeing a loggerhead turtle laying her eggs. You will be picked up at the reception of your hotel and taken to one of the nesting beaches on Sal island.The transfer lasts approximately 20 minutes and in this time an experienced guide will explain you everything you need to know about the life and habits of the turtles as well the rules that you need to respect.
Once arrived to the beach one of the guides will stay with you seated on the sand while the other guide will start searching for the turtle. When the guide finds a turtle, you will be informed by VHF radio and start walking on the beach to arrive to the turtle. It is recommended to bring a beach towel to be more comfortable while waiting on the beach. Dark colored clothes and closed shoes are recommended. It is forbidden to take photos with flash and use white or bright lights on the protected beaches. Please note that since it's nature, we cannot guarantee to see a turtle.
Departure Point :Your Santa Maria, Sal Island Accommodation
Departure Time :8:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code: Dark colored clothes and closed shoes
- The duration of transfers are approximate.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.