Underground Rome: Beneath the Streets Small-Group Tour
Explore an underground world beneath the streets of Rome on this 3-hour walking tour. Experience the city from the days of the Roman Empire at sites such as the Pantheon, Vicus Caprarius and the Stadium of Domitian beneath Piazza Navona. Accompanied by a guide and your small-group of no more than 13, hear tales of this Eternal City.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional and licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees are €15(from 1/1/20 18€)(age 18yo and over). For those under 18yo €10(from 1/1/20 13€)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Stadio di Domiziano - Navona Square Underground
- Entry/Admission - Vicus Caprarius – the City of Water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
Explore the piazza, built over the site of the Stadium of Domitian
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Stadio di Domiziano - Navona Square Underground, Via di Tor Sanguigna 3 Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
Commissioned by Emperor Titus Flavius Domitianus in around 80 AD, the stadium was primarily used for athletic contests.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome Italy
stroll over to the Pantheon, temple to all the gods of Rome. Discover the original street level of Ancient Rome at the ruins of Hadrian's Temple. Look below ground to see evidence of streets from centuries gone by.
Pass By: Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Rome Italy
throw a coin in the fountain to partake in tradition. Cross Piazza di Trevi to enter the Vicus Caprarius
Stop At: Vicus Caprarius – the City of Water, Vicolo del Puttarello 25, 00187 Rome Italy
the Vicus Caprarius, which emerged during the renovation of the Trevi Cinema. See a Roman insula, consisting of a 'block' divided into independent units, surrounded by the walls of today’s Via di S.Vincenzo and Via del Lavatore.
Learn how, in ancient times, the area was a swamp, before playing a part in the construction of the Virgo aqueduct in the time of Agrippa. The aqueduct still supplies the fountains of Rome’s historic center, including the Trevi Fountain.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rinascente Roma Tritone, Via del Tritone 61, 00187 Rome Italy
Discover the ruins of the Virgin acquedoct
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Navona, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Bottega Veneta Roma Rinascente Menswear, Via del Tritone 61, Via dei Due Macelli, 23 Dept. UOMO 2nd floor, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 13 people per booking
- The tour is mono-lingual
- Please note: a minimum number of participant is required for this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All health and safety measurements place by the Italian Government have been placed on our tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
English - Guide
Organised by Mea ToursEvents S.r.l.