Underground Rome Tour: St. Clement and Celian Houses
2.5 hours small group tour (up to 10 people) of San Clement + Ancient Roman Houses under the church of St. John and Paul. Go off the beaten path! The Undergrounds of Rome are a labyrinth of hidden buildings, narrow streets, abandoned churches and temples, tombs, forgotten treasures.
You will walk down to 50 feet underground to rediscover ancient Senator's houses, altars made for Oriental worships, gigantic warehouses, ancient shops, Medieval churches destroyed by brave invaders, subterranean water springs. The tour includes St.Clement's Underground and the Roman Houses on the Celian Hills.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Admission Tickets are not included in the price of the tour.
- Entrance fees (adults: 18 euro per person totally; children: 18 euro per person totally)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of San Clemente
- Entry/Admission - Santi Giovanni e Paolo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica of San Clemente, Via Labicana 95, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit the incredible Church of Saint Clement and it's multiple layers!
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Stop At: Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Piazza Dei Santi Giovanni E Paolo 13, 00184 Rome Italy
Discover the secrets of the Ancient Roman Houses of Saints John and Paul under the church dedicated to them! Travel from Middle Age to Ancient times in few steps
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Caelian Hill, 00184 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
One of the seven hills of Rome where aqueducts and temples surrounded residencies of high class and middle class citizens. There you'll find the house "of John and Paul" underground..
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza di San Clemente, Piazza di S. Clemente, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Clivo di Scauro, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Churches can be closed due to extraordinary celebrations. We reserve the right to cancel and refund the tour if this happens.
- Tour may not be suitable for those who are "strongly" claustrophobic
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.