VAN PRIVATE TOUR Évora
Leaving Lisbon by 25th de Abril bridge and driving along the relaxing plains of the Alentejo, we arrive at Évora, a city with a millenary history that goes back to prehistory.
Its historical Center is one of the most monumental in Portugal and that’s why it was classified as UNESCO World Heritage in 1986. Évora is therefore named Museum City.
After touring around the medieval walls, we will take a walking tour in one of the most remarkable Roman cities in Lusitania. We will visit the Roman Temple of Diana, but also the impressive Chapel of Bones in the Church of San Francisco, Geraldo Square and Évora Cathedral.
Local gastronomy is one of the great attractions. Évora is the ideal place to be introduced to traditional Alentejo food, which has pork and lamb, but also bread, on its base.
This tour has several optional stops, one of them is the visit – we need to book first – to the Adega da Cartuxa, famous for the Pera Manca, considered one of the best wines in Portugal.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Capela dos Ossos
- Entry/Admission - Enoturismo Cartuxa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Evora, Evora, Evora District, Alentejo
Through the plains of the Alentejo, we reach the city of Évora, which historic center is classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After walking the medieval walls, we will take a very pleasant walk through the old town and stop at the most emblematic places. Enjoy some free time to taste a regional pastry.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Capela dos Ossos, Praca 1 de Maio, Evora 7000-650 Portugal
Explore the Bones Chapel. For some people, it is a dark place, for others a fascinating space consisting of hundreds of skulls and skeletons from about 5000 monks from the sixteenth century.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Templo Romano de Evora (Templo de Diana), Largo do Conde de Vila Flor Dentro da Muralha, Evora 7000-804 Portugal
Head to one of the major landmarks in Portugal, the Roman Temple of Diana. Its powerful front with 14 columns in well-preserved granite astonishes those who see it for the first time.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Enoturismo Cartuxa, Quinta de Valbom, Evora Portugal
Visit the Cartuxa Winery, famous for the Pera Manca red wine, considered one of the best wines in Portugal. During this visit, we will have the opportunity to do a wine tasting. This visit is optional.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral of Evora (Se Catedral de Evora), Largo do Marques de Marialva, Evora 7000-809 Portugal
Visit the Cathedral of Evora, a Roman-Gothic church from the XIII century where you can climb the tower and get a breathtaking view of the city and the fields surrounding it.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Arraiolos, Arraiolos, Evora District, Alentejo
Visit the town of Arraiolos, which is famous for its castle and its embroidered wool rugs and carpets. Arraiolos rugs have been produced since the Middle Ages.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or apartment within Lisbon area.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.