Vatican Extended Itinerary With Special Access To Papal Grottoes
Explore the Vatican Museums in-depth for 3.5 hours to discover its wonders!
Many treasures lie inside the Vatican Galleries so allow your expert guide to cover all of the main highlights and focus on your main points of interests as you tour at your own pace.
Fascinating insight into masterpieces including the Apollo of Belvedere, the Laocoön and His Sons, the Gallery of Tapestries, the Gallery of Maps, the Borgia Apartments and the works of Raphael, among many other highlights, will be shared with you for an astounding experience.
Admire Michelangelo's breathtaking Sistine Chapel and the frescoes that made him one of the most iconic Artists in the world. Step inside the stunning St. Peter's Basilica, home to Michelangelo's Pietà. Enjoy the special access to the Papal Grottoes, the vast crypt under St. Peter's Basilica.
A fully licensed, enthusiastic guide is ready to engage you during your discovery of this truly unique world class collection of art!
per adult from
210 to 270 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide for 3.5 hours or 4.5 hours (depending on the tour option you booked)
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your tour starts at the entrance of Vatican Museums where you will meet your provate licensed guide. You will discover the upper galleries of the Museum where you will have the chance to see some of the most famous painting and sculptures of all times while your guide will tell you all the sotires hidden behind each artwork
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Your tour will proceed to the most interesting and beautiful part of the Vatican Museums is the Sistine Chapel, the Michelangelo's masterpiece. here you will admire the all painted room which most important parts are Last Judgment and Creation of the World
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Finally you will reach St. Peter's Basilica, the church where you can admire some masterpiece like Michelangelo's Pietà and also the Bernini's Baldacchino
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via Vespasiano, 28, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- St. Peter's Basilica is a church and as such the Vatican can decide to close it for religious functions without any notice. We are not responsible for unexpected closure of the Basilica. When the Basilica of St. Peter is closed for religious functions, you will spend more time in the Vatican galleries with your guide.
- Please be on time to avoid losing entry and thus missing the tour.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that, for disabled visitors with certified invalidity of more than 74%, the Vatican Museums offers free entry that is extended to a companion for visitors who are not self-sufficient. To benefit from this, make sure you mention it at the time of booking so that our staff may handle your request.
- Please bring comfortable shoes and a refillable water bottle.
- Please make sure you ask the guide any curiosities you may have during the tour, we want to ensure you have the very best experience!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Rome Private Guides is glad to inform you that all our “Small group tours” and “Private Tours” comply with the protocols and guidelines suitable to guarantee the performance of our service in safe conditions to prevent Covid-19. The safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.