Venice: Grand Canal by Gondola with commentary
Glide the canals of Venice on gondola ride with live guide who explains stories and secrets of the fascinating palaces around you. Let you drive along Grand Canal by your gondolier.
The expert gondoliers will drive you along Venice hidden passages and canals reachable only by gondola, admiring the breathtaking Venetian landscape.
Pass beneath centuries-old bridges and take in famous attractions such as St Marks' Bell Tower, Fenice Opea House, Santa Maria Della Salute Church, San Giorgio Island and much more. As in fairytale you’ll discover the real of soul of Venice.
The guide will narrate you the fascinating history of gondola and gondoliers! On board you will listen to all about the palaces, churches and attractions around you. You will learn also tales known only by Venetians!
If you want to live an exclusive experience, book the private gondola and enjoy a ride only you and your partner or friends!
per adult from
What's included :
- 1 hour of guided tour including 30 minutes gondola ride
- Skip the line service
- Private gondola ONLY if private option is chosen
- Live commentary about the itinerary & the history of gondolas and gondoliers. In English and Italian
- Commentary by mobile app in German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi and Russian
- At the end you'll receive a qrcode to download a 2D of Venice from the middle age up to 18th century
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- Audio devices
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Teatro La Fenice, Campo San Fantin San Marco 1965, 30124 Venice Italy
Once one of 7 major theatres in the city, today the Fenice is Venice’s one and only opera house. It is surely a jewel among European theatres, and began to shine from the beginning, as the best composers of the age wrote and performed their operas here, among which Bellini, Donizetti and Rossini. But it was Giuseppe Verdi who is most attached to the Fenice and to Venetian memory.
Pass By: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
The most beautiful road in the world”, this is how the Grand Canal is known as. Gondola serenades have always been part of Venetian culture, an unchanged tradition for an unchageable city. If you look around, what you will see is almost exactly what a nobleman in the 18th century might have looked upon, and before him a Renaissance courtesan and before him a merchant in the Middle Ages.
Pass By: Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, Campo de la Salute Dorsoduro 1, 30123 Venice Italy
Here, as you come into the Grand Canal you are opened to the church of the Madonna della Salute.
The first thing that strikes a viewer is how imposing the church is, strategically placed at the entrance of the Grand Canal looking out onto the rest of the city in every direction, thanks to its circular shape.
Today, ever 21 November the city celebrates the Madonna della Salute in memory of the end of the plague
Pass By: Isola San Giorgio Maggiore, 30133 Venice Italy
The Island of san Giorgio Maggiore, with its beautiful Renaissance Church built by Palladio in the Renaissance and the belltower resembling the bigger one in St Mark’s Square. The island was once known as the Island of Cypress Trees before it became an important Benedectine monastery.
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
At the end you will enjoy a wonderful overview of Saint Mark’s Square with the Doge’s Palace which certainly takes center stage and the marvelous Golden Basilica with its bell-tower. This is a spot which painters from all over the world have tried to capture in its uniqueness, but we can only recommend that you sit back and take it all in.
Departure Point :Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco, 52, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Each gondola can host maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending of guests weight.
- The Gondola Ride does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather or high/low tide (in these cases it can be postponed the days after otherwise it will be refunded)
- The itinerary may change in the event of wind or bad weather
- The guide will be only on one gondola, the participants on the others gondola will listen to her/him with the audio-devices
- The live commentary will be only in English and Italian. The commentary on German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi, and Russian will be provided by mobile app downloaded on the own devices.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment.
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned, and the tour will leave with small groups.
- We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.