Venice Masterclass: exclusive Doge Palace's visit and St. Mark's Basilica
THE GREAT POWERS OF VENICE: Unique, mysterious and intriguing, Venice is one of the most fascinating and amazing cities in the world.
Explore her right from her heart with a very high quality “masterclass level” small group visit led by an Art Expert Guide, visiting the two most important and beautiful sights of Political and Religious power of Venice:
the grandiose St Mark’s Basilica - the main cathedral, crowned by the Venetian-Byzantine domes – and the Doge’s palace, house of power, secrets, carnival and masterpieces, including the prisons and secret passages closed to the general public with an exclusive one-of-a-kind visit.
The most comprehensive immersion into the art and the history of the two most important political and religious landmarks of Venice. A must-do when in Venice, in the comfort of a small group and a highly specialized licensed history guide. Art lovers only!
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed English speaking guide
- skip the line entrance to San Mark's Basilica
- exclusive access for your group to the Secret Passages of Palazzo Ducale
- Palazzo Ducale visit
- St. Mark's Basilica visit
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
This tour takes you inside the center of the religious power of Venice, the beautiful Basilica of St Marks with our skip-the-line access, where our expert history guide will give you a comprehensive and informative tour of this astonishing landmark-church that boasts a profusion of polychrome domes, walls clad in marbles and, inside, over 8000 square meters of glittering ceiling mosaics, many made with 24-carat gold leaf.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
The highlight of the tour is our exclusive special visit of the Doge's Palace, the very symbol of political Venice, an impressive structure composed of layers of building elements and ornamentation, from its 14th and 15th century original foundations to the significant Renaissance and opulent Mannerist adjunctions and today hosting paintings from world renown artists like Titiano, Tiepolo, Tintoretto and Veronese and set to the grand ball of Venice Carnival.
We’ll have a very exclusive access to the closed-to-general-public secret passages including the old torture chambers and prisons.
From the prisons you will visit the courtyard and then the noble areas of the Doge’s public and private areas, to visit the great ballrooms, the great Councils hall, and the Doge’s lavish apartments and the “Opera Museum” boasting astonishing collection of portrait including Renaissance and Mannerism with prominent “Venitian school” paintings by Titian, Tintoretto and Veronese.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30100 Venice Italy
You will also have the chance to walk the famous bridge of sighs and learn the story behind the origin of its name.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :St. Mark's Square, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.