Villa Balbianello and Flavors of Lake Como Walking and Boating Full-Day Tour
Explore Lake Como by land and water on this full-day walking and boating tour, with a visit to Villa del Balbianello. Sample local cheeses, meats, olive oil, and wine, take a walking tour of Varenna and gain insight into the region’s Celtic heritage. Savor a tasty lunch of fish appetizers and pasta in a lakeside restaurant, then admire sweeping views over Lake Como’s villas and gardens during a sightseeing cruise in a Venetian taxi. Disembark at Villa del Balbianello for a guided visit, then cruise onwards to Bellagio, where you shall be guided through the wonderful Villa Melzi gardens, followed by a stroll along the lakeside.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Tasting of delicious local specialties in a charming old mill
- Guided walking Tour of Varenna
- Special lunch in a typical lake front restaurant: starters, pasta, water, a glass of wine and coffee
- 1h Boat Tour (open top Venetian taxi)
- Tickets to Villa del Balbianello
- Tickets to Villa Melzi
- Entry/Admission - Villa del Balbianello
- Entry/Admission - I Giardini di Villa Melzi
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Villa del Balbianello, Via Guido Monzino 1 Località Lenno, 22016, Tremezzina Italy
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: I Giardini di Villa Melzi, Lungolario Manzoni, 22021 Bellagio Italy
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chiesa di San Giorgio, Piazza San Giorgio 25, 23829 Varenna Italy
The group will enter the church and be given a detailed description.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Imbarcadero/Traghetto di Varenna, Via Imbarcadero Piazza Martiri Libertà, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Hotel du Lac, Piazza Giuseppe Mazzini, 32, 22021 Bellagio CO, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Dress code is casual, comfortable shoes
- A fair amount of walking is involved. The trail to the mill for the morning tasting entails a descent with some steep steps which must also be ascended on the return trip. Please make sure you are physically adapt and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The tour runs rain or shine. In case of bad weather conditions it is possible that the tour undergoes some slight changes and that the transfer to Villa Balbianello is done using public transport and not with the private boat taxi due to safety reasons
- Please Note: hotel pickup is not included for this activity, however it will be requested at the time of booking.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- We only operate small groups, which will be exceptionally limited to 8 participants. Our experiences mainly take place outdoors: our guides wear masks and we require all participants to do the same. Social distancing will be required and facilitated throughout the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.