Vinicunca - Rainbow Mountain
Enjoy this wonderful hike to the amazing Vinicunca - Rainbow Mountain, where you will be in contact with local people from isolated communities, and admire a spectacular colorful mountain range forming a rainbow, surrounded by delightful landscapes and nature.
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Ticket entrance
- Round trip transfer in Cusco
- Emergency horse
- First Aid Kit and oxygen bottle
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Colorado Vinicunca
What's excluded :
- A horse per person
Stop At: Cerro Colorado Vinicunca, Apv- Tipon-n11, Cusco 08002 Peru
We will pick you up at 5:30 am from your hotel in Cusco. It is about a 3hrs ½ driving on our shared transport, journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, snowcapped peaks, herds of alpaca. When we reach the trailhead for this hike, we are going to have a hot breakfast upon arrival and we will begin the hike from Chillihuani at 4200m/13,900 ft elevation. From here, it will be a 4 hour approx. uphill hike to reach the famous Rainbow Mountains. Along the way you will enjoy amazing views of the Andes, glacial peaks, red mountains, rocky hills, and traditional llamas and alpacas grazing along the valley. As you reach the summit of the mountain, you will be able to spot some Andean wildlife. Vicuñas are considered to be the Andean camel and this is the only place in Cusco where you will see them in the wild. Vicuñas are in the same family as llamas, though are much smaller and they have the most expensive wool in the world.
Once we arrive at the top of what we come to see the Rainbow Mountain, you will have enough time to take photos and relax yourself on the top majesty area views. All of the mountains that surround this area are red and there are amazing views of the valleys and Ausangate Glacier Peak right in front of you. Ausangate is the tallest mountain of the Cusco region (just under 21,000 ft) and is part of the Cordillera Vilcanota Range.
While taking view of this magnificent, colorful mountain views our staff will bring you some hot drinks while sharing information with you about the composition of these incredible mountains and how they became striated in the rainbows of colors you are seeing. After taking a few amazing pictures and soaking in the views (perhaps we will even see a few condors around by) we will begin our descent with a 2-hour downhill hike.
We will then meet up with our trekking chef and enjoy the delicious, freshly prepared hot lunch. After lunch you can visit some of the local family’s houses where you can see their lifestyle of these people who still practice the ancient traditions of the Incas. They still speak Quechua, practicing their earth-based religion and, the agriculture – honoring the mountain spirits and sun to insure that their crops and herds flourish – as well as weaving the textiles that you will find in the museums all around Peru.
Finally, after our interactions with the locals, we will start returning trip back to Chillihuani village to catch our shared transport back to Cusco, arriving around 6 pm approx., where we will drop you off at your hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A Previous Days Of Acclimatization Is Recommended Before Do The Hike. You Have To Be In Good Physical Conditions.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain social distance, in case they do not respect the basic safety measures they will be asked to leave the tour. The maximum capacity of the services will be reduced in order to guarantee social isolation.