Walking tour through the volcanic land of wonder
Let’s wander around! There is an ancient path that used to connect the three villages and it’s ours to discover! This uncompromisingly scenic semi-private tour takes you through paths and fields starting from Pyrgos and leading through to the hidden village called Potamos with its small farmers’ houses. Our path leads us to Emporio with its narrow alleys and picturesque houses, where we can find a Venetian castle and fortress dating from the Middle Ages that will leave you speechless. Emporio is the largest settlement of Santorini. In fact, its strong medieval character and the Kasteli are well preserved and radiate the Cycladic character of its architecture. Our path will lead us through the fortress to a traditional settlement. Charge your cameras and cell phones because you will be snapping many photos on this private tour! On our way back, a mini-van will wait for us for the drop-off.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Dry fruits, Fresh fruits, Bottle of water
- Map of Santorini
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pyrgos Kallistis 847 00, Greece
PYRGOS, POTAMOS AND EMPORIO VILLAGES (4 HOURS WALK)
Let’s wonder around! Discover the traditional village of Pyrgos, the highest village in Santorini, a protected UNESCO settlement since 1995. There is an ancient path that used to connect the three villages and it’s ours to discover!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Potamos, Potamos, Kythira, Attica
This uncompromisingly scenic tour takes you through paths and fields leading through to the hidden village called Potamos with its small farmers’ houses.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Emporio, Emporio, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
Our path leads us to Emporio with its narrow alleys and picturesque houses where we can find a Venetian castle and fortress dating from the Middle Ages that will leave you speechless. Emporio is the largest settlement of Santorini located 12 km from Fira on the foothills of Mount Prophet Elias. It’s strong medieval character and the Kasteli are well preserved and radiate the cycladic character of its architecture. At the entrance of the village stand two lovely, blue domed Cycladic churches with impressive bell towers that dominate Emporio. This is the location that inspired Sartre to write the famous play “The Flies” (Les Mouches), so be ready to relive history. Our path will lead us through the fortress to a traditional Greek coffee shop where you can enjoy the famous Greek yogurt with local fruits & honey. Charge your cameras and cell phones; you will be snapping a large number of photos on this private tour! On our way back, a vehicle will wait for us for the hotel drop-off.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Santorini, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
After walking throuh the traditional village Pyrgos, we will hike towards the highest point of the island, Profitis Ilias.During our walking tour you will discover “the unspoiled Santorini” while following walking paths through wild flowers, lush valleys, ancient sites, and old pathways.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For cruise ship passengers: Pick up from the exit of the cable carFor Hotel pick ups:Pick up from any hotel as close as it getsFor Airport: Please provide flight numberEnd Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport, HotelAirports
- Santorini Airport, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.