White Water Rafting - Sarapiqui River Class III-IV
Come white water rafting with our great guides on the pristine world class Sarapiqui River. Run 17 km of adrenaline pumping class III-IV rapids surrounded by beautiful evergreen forest and wildlife. Our small personalized and private tours are designed to give you the best quality service while you immerse yourself into nature and Costa Rican culture. Prepare yourself for lots of action and unforgettable memories!
Includes: Transportation, fruits, water, delicious lunch, juice, experienced guide, safety kayaker and new equipment.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Natural juice
- Experienced river guide
- Safety kayaker
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if in the vicinity of La Fortuna)
- Small-group tour or private tour
- Personalized service
What's excluded :
- We will pick you up from your hotel around 8 am and will head on over to the river giving you a tour of the region as we pass by different landscapes. Once at the put in of the river, you will be introduced to your guide and given your equipment. Following a thorough safety talk and paddling technique practice, you will be ready to go rafting. What is unique about rafting with us is that we combine the class III-IV section of the river with the best rapids of the class II-III section, giving you more time on the river than anyone else.
You will descend for about 3-3.5 hours down challenging and adrenaline pumping white water, big fun waves and drops nestled in the beautiful Costa Rica rain forest. When you are not busy paddling, we will point out to you all the wildlife we see since this river runs close to the San Juan-La Selva Biological Reserve famous for bird migration. Half way, you will stop for a fruit break and eat come delicious fresh local pineapple, watermelon or mango. At the end of the tour, you will visit a local family run restaurant called a Soda where they will prepare for you a delicious traditional lunch cooked on a wooden stove before your one hour ride back to La Fortuna.
This trip not only gives you the adrenaline rush from rafting down class III-IV rapids, but also enriches your experience by emerging you in cultural and natural history. We pride ourselves for doing an eco-friendly sport, for providing personalized customer care, for supporting the local community, for educating and for doing what we love with a passion. Come join the good vibes and support small local businesses.
Departure Point :1: Dinghy Expeditions Outfitter - Mountains, Rivers and Coasts, 300 m norte de la Catara Fortuna, La Fortuna de Alahuela San Carlos, Provincia de Alajuela, San Carlos, 21007, Costa Rica
2: Sarapiqui River, Heredia Province, Sarapiqui, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel if it is in the vicinity of La Fortuna or on the way to the river. Otherwise, we leave from our office in town. You can also meet us at the river if you are arriving from another destination.
Departure Time :8:00am-8:30 am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 30 people per booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.