Wilderness Exploration & Crab Feast
This excursion will bring you right to the heart of Southeast Alaska. Feel the pioneer spirit of those who live and work on her coastal waters and experience “a day in the life” of a local Alaskan. If you want to be hands on, make sure to volunteer to pull up crab pots from the abundant waters surrounding Revillagigedo Island, overflowing with delicious Dungeness Crab. Breathe in the fresh air and spectacular scenery as your crew shares stories and the history of this magnificent waterway. No Alaskan crabbing excursion would be complete without a feast of fresh Dungeness Crab! Baby red potatoes, fresh oriental salad, and a scrumptious cheesecake with blueberry topping dessert will round out this hearty meal. Your hosts will lead you through a panorama of local tall tales then demonstrate the easiest way to crack your crabs! The remote location will only add to your dining pleasure at the rustic, yet elegant, George Inlet Lodge.
per adult from
What's included :
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Tour escort/host
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- - 30-minute narrated and scenic drive to George Inlet Lodge
- 90-minute boat tour through George Inlet Fjord (includes loading and unloading time)
- 90-minute all you can eat Dungeness crab meal (salad with homemade dressing to start and cheesecake for dessert)
- 30-minute scenic drive back to pier
Soda, coffee, and tea are all complimentary. One glass of white/red wine or Alaskan Amber beer is included in tour price. Additional glasses of alcoholic beverages can be purchased at the time of dining. Alternative menu items include Cajun, grilled or lemon peppered chicken for non-seafood eaters. Ravioli with pesto sauce is available for vegetarians.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: All guests are to meet approximately 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time on Berth 2 next to the Ketchikan Visitor’s Center. They will meet a dock rep between “The Rock” statue and the Liquid Sunshine Gauge. A dock representative will be holding a sign that says “Wilderness Exploration & Crab Feast”. Further instructions will be given at that time.Dates: See AvailabilityPorts
- Berth 2, 201 Dock St, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.