Wine tour with a Sommelier from Florence
Part of the experience in coming to Chianti and Tuscany is learning about all that wine country has to offer beyond the big names and most visited regular spots.
Enjoy having your own certified wine educator (Sommelier) and local wine expert take you around to his favorite and most personalized private spots. You will be one-on-one the entire day learning about wines, food and wine pairings, and the overall business of wine from vine to glass. Taste off the menu special wines, meet winery owners, winemakers and get the "behind the scenes" adventure of a lifetime that very few people get to experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Rocca Della Macie
- Entry/Admission - Podere La Piaggia
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rocca Della Macie, Loc. Le Macie, 45, 53011, Castellina In Chianti Italy
Here visit the modern wine cellar that produce 4.000.000 bottle a year, learn all secrets of wine making in Tuscany with a taste of 7 wines
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Podere La Piaggia, Localita Piaggia, 50, 53011 Castellina in Chianti SI, Italy
Meet the organic farmers and explore their beautifull land, vineyards, olive groves and beehives.
Silvia, one of the owners, will prepare an amazing lunch based on their organic production pared with great wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Castellina In Chianti, Castellina In Chianti, Tuscany
Castellina in Chianti is a comune (municipality) of c. 2,800 inhabitants in the province of Siena, in the Italian region Tuscany, located about 35 kilometres (22 mi) south of Florence and about 15 kilometres (9 mi) northwest of Siena. It is part of the Chianti Hills, between the valleys of the Arbia, Pesa and Elsa rivers.
The first settlements in the area dates from the Etruscan age, and they were probably devastated by Gaulish invasions at the time of the latter's invasions against Rome.
In the early Middle Ages the town was known as Salingolpe; in the 11th century Matilda of Tuscany gave it as fief to the counts Guidi and, subsequently, to the Trebbio. In the early 15th century it became a stronghold, of which today the Rocca remain.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Porta Romana, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.