Wine Walk Bouchard Finlayson
Bouchard Finlayson Vineyard is well known for being the most awarded vineyard in the Hemel en Aarde Valley. Peter Finlayson is renowned for being the South African Pinot Noir pioneer. The estate also produces award winning Chardonnays, Sauvignon Blanc, Blanc de Mer and a red blend Hannibal.
Bouchard joined the Biodiversity & Wine Initiative (BWI) aimed at protecting the Capes rich floral kingdom and has attained BWI Championship status for their role in protecting the worlds smallest and richest floral kingdom.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - 6 wines tasted
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Cheese platter
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Three hikes to choose from depending on your fitness and time constraints. Graded as Yellow Route (45 minutes), Green Route (60 minutes) and Red Route (a two and a half hour hike).
The Red Route has been extended to include a Forest Loop in the Galpin Kloof. This afro-montane forest is one of the few surviving on the northern slopes of the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley. It is the only section of land on the estate sheltered from the strong winds and veld fires, allowing fine specimens of Rooiels (Cunonia Capensis), Boekenhout (Rapanea Melanophloeos), Cape Holly (Ilex Mitis) and others to flourish. The Forest Loop trail reaches a small, grassy sward at the foot of a waterfall that is ideal for a picnic. Returning to the Bouchard tasting room we settle in for a tasting of 6 wines while enjoying a cheese and charcuterie platter.
• Platter - Cheese, charcuterie, bread, tapenade ...
Departure Point :Bouchard Finlayson Winery, R320, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.