Zipaquira Salt Cathedral and Lake Guatavita from Bogota (Private Tour)
Get to know the first wonder of Colombia, the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá and the birthplace of the Legend of "El Dorado, the Sacred Lagoon of Guatavitá" in this full day tour from Bogotá. Explore the beauty of this unique Cathedral with a bilingual audioguide inside the cathedral, enjoy a two-hour nature walk to the Guatavitá lagoon, where the local guide explains the legend of El Dorado. visit of the town of Guatavitá and observation of the reservoir of Tominé.in the middle of the tour tasting a typical lunch of the region with meat to the llanera or vegetarian. After we return to the city of Bogota to its place of accommodation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Audioguide in the Salt Cathedral
- English guide on ride (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Laguna de Guatavita
- Entry/Admission - Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laguna de Guatavita, Km 15, Via Guatavita-Sesquile, Tierra Negra Colombia
The lagoon that is part of a protected natural area, a guide of English-speaking parks or in Spanish joins the group to explain the culture of the Muisca Indians, the legend of El Dorado and the biological importance of the area for approximately 75 minutes, including a 30-minute walk along a path to the edge of the crater to see Lake Guatavita below.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Catedral de Sal de Zipaquira, Carrera 6 Calle 1 Parque De La Sal, Zipaquira Colombia
The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá is declared First Wonder of Colombia and considered one of the most remarkable architectural and artistic achievements of the Colombian architecture.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Plaza de la Independecia, Calle 5 # 6, Zipaquira 250252 Colombia
Enjoy an interesting tour to Zipaquirá visiting the Salt Cathedral and discovering the Main Squares of the colonial town.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Hike on a natural path, good shoes recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- CONTAMOS CON ELEMENTOS DE BIOSEGURIDAD PARA SU TOUR
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehiculos al 50 % de ocupación de su capacidad. Entrega de Kit de Bioseguridad Personal. Dentro de las medidas para el ingreso al país está la presentación del resultado negativo de una prueba PCR no mayor a 96 horas de antelación a la hora de vuelo.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.